Lists are used to manage and organize influencers that you wish to use for your campaign. Whenever you create a new campaign, you will initially be asked to either create a new user list or attach an existing one. You can think of a list as the actual link between your campaign and the influencers that you would like to participate in it.
There are 2 kinds of lists, which are Manual Lists and Smart Lists. Manual lists are those you build from scratch by selecting particular users that you are interested in working with. Smart lists are populated with users automatically based on pre-determined criteria like geographic location, best (or worst) content creators, users who hold specific badges, and much more.
It is also worth mentioning that Lists are only visible to you, the campaign manager, and that none of your owned users will be aware of any lists they are being added to or removed from.
When working with lists, the Users Dashboard has three places where you can add or remove users:
In these three sections, the procedure for adding users to a list or removing users from a list is identical. However, for demonstrative purposes the instructions below display these steps in the context of working with Owned Users.
Let's imagine that you are starting a new campaign for your brand and you already know that you'd like to invite a few of your owned users to participate because you had great success working with them in the past. To add these owned users to a list, you would simply navigate to the Owned Users section of the Users Dashboard:
Select the user(s) you wish to add by clicking the checkbox next to their name and then click the "Add Selected to List" button. In the popup menu that appears, choose the list you wish to add these selected users to:
If you need to create a new list for a new campaign or strategy objective, you need to go to the Lists page. On this page you can view all of your existing Lists or choose to create a new one:
To create a new list, click the "Create List" button. In the dropdown that appears you can enter a name for your list and select a list type from the dropdown:
In the table that displays on the Lists page, locate the list you recently created and click on its name to open it:
In addition to lists that you manually create for organizing users, you also have the ability to create Smart Lists that automatically update themselves as your network of users continues to grow or change in various ways. For example, you can create a smart list that keeps track of users who produce the top 25% of rated content. As all of your users continue to produce content and their posts get rated, this list will continually update itself in accordance with the new average content ratings.
Below are the different types of Smart Lists you can create:
- Top 20 ROI Performers - Displays your top 20 influencers in terms of return on investment. ROI is measured as the total "Earned Media Value" an influencer generates across all campaigns compared to their total cost.
- Poor ROI Performers - Displays underperforming influencers in terms of return on investment. Only influencers that average less than 2x ROI are listed here. ROI is measured as the total "Earned Media Value" an influencer generated across all campaigns compared to their total cost. Influencers in this list are not automatically scored with a star rating.
- Top 25% Rated Content - Displays your top 25% of influencers in terms of average content rating. Content rating is a score from 1-5 given on each individual post. Influencers who have no rated posts are not considered on this list.
- Bottom 25% Rated Content - Displays your bottom 25% of influencers in terms of average content rating. Content rating is a score from 1-5 given on each individual post. Influencers who have no rated posts are not considered on this list.
- Fastest Turnaround Times - Displays your top 25% of influencers in terms of quickest turnaround time — the time it takes to submit posts once they've received their assignment.
- Slowest Turnaround Times - Displays your bottom 25% of influencers in terms of slowest turnaround time — the time it takes to submit posts once they've received their assignment.
- 30+ Days Late on Submissions - Displays influencers who have not yet fulfilled their campaign obligation (submitting their posts) as of 30 days after accepting a campaign invitation.
- Unresponsive Users - Displays users who have ignored more than 50% of campaign invitations. Invitations sent in the last 30 days are not considered. Influencers who decline invitations are not penalized.
- Users with Badge - Displays all users with the badge you specified when creating the list.
- Users by Location - Displays all owned and activated users in the location you specified when creating the list.
- Suggested Creators - Displays users based on your current selections and ratings.
To create a Smart List, simply go to the Lists page in the Users Dashboard and click on the "Create List" button:
From the window that appears, click the dropdown menu and select the type of smart list you want to create:
Give your smart list a name and then click the "Create List" button below:
The lists table also includes some other valuable features such as sorting, adding teams to a particular list and toggling a list's visibility in the table:
When viewing any of the various user tables (e.g. the Users Dashboard), you can also choose to only display users who belong to a particular list. Click the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner of the page and select a list from the dropdown:
You can also see which lists a specific user belongs to by clicking the "Lists" tab in any user's full profile view. You also have the option of adding the current user to other lists by clicking the "Add to a List" dropdown: