Lists are used to manage and organize influencers that you wish to use for your campaign. Whenever you create a new campaign, you will initially be asked to either create a new user list or attach an existing one. You can think of a list as the actual link between your campaign and the influencers that you would like to participate in it.
There are 2 kinds of lists, which are Manual Lists and Smart Lists. Manual lists are those you build from scratch by selecting particular users that you are interested in working with. Smart lists are populated with users automatically based on pre-determined criteria like geographic location, best (or worst) content creators, users who hold specific badges, and much more.
It is also worth mentioning that Lists are only visible to you, the campaign manager, and that none of your owned users will be aware of any lists they are being added to or removed from.
When working with lists, the Users Dashboard has three places where you can add or remove users:
In these three sections, the procedure for adding users to a list or removing users from a list is identical. However, for demonstrative purposes the instructions below display these steps in the context of working with Owned Users.
Let's imagine that you are starting a new campaign for your brand and you already know that you'd like to invite a few of your owned users to participate because you had great success working with them in the past. To add these owned users to a list, you would simply navigate to the Owned Users section of the Users Dashboard:
Select the user(s) you wish to add by clicking the checkbox next to their name.
After selecting your users, click on the "Add to List" button in the Organization widget on the right side of the page.
If you need to create a new list for a new campaign or strategy objective, you need to go to the Lists page. Here, you can navigate all of your "Lists" in your Users Dashboard:
In the table that displays, locate the list you recently created and click on its name to open it:
In addition to lists that you manually create for organizing users, you also have the ability to create Smart Lists that automatically update themselves as your network of users continues to grow or change in various ways. For example, you can create a smart list that keeps track of users who produce the top 25% of rated content. As all of your users continue to produce content and their posts get rated, this list will continually update itself in accordance with the new average content ratings.
Below are the different types of Smart Lists you can create:
- Top 20 ROI Performers - Displays your top 20 influencers in terms of return on investment. ROI is measured as the total "Earned Media Value" an influencer generates across all campaigns compared to their total cost.
- Poor ROI Performers - Displays underperforming influencers in terms of return on investment. Only influencers that average less than 2x ROI are listed here. ROI is measured as the total "Earned Media Value" an influencer generated across all campaigns compared to their total cost. Influencers in this list are not automatically scored with a star rating.
- Top 25% Rated Content - Displays your top 25% of influencers in terms of average content rating. Content rating is a score from 1-5 given on each individual post. Influencers who have no rated posts are not considered on this list.
- Bottom 25% Rated Content - Displays your bottom 25% of influencers in terms of average content rating. Content rating is a score from 1-5 given on each individual post. Influencers who have no rated posts are not considered on this list.
- Fastest Turnaround Times - Displays your top 25% of influencers in terms of quickest turnaround time — the time it takes to submit posts once they've received their assignment.
- Slowest Turnaround Times - Displays your bottom 25% of influencers in terms of slowest turnaround time — the time it takes to submit posts once they've received their assignment.
- 30+ Days Late on Submissions - Displays influencers who have not yet fulfilled their campaign obligation (submitting their posts) as of 30 days after accepting a campaign invitation.
- Unresponsive Users - Displays users who have ignored more than 50% of campaign invitations. Invitations sent in the last 30 days are not considered. Influencers who decline invitations are not penalized.
- Users with Badge - Displays all users with the badge you specified when creating the list.
- Users by Location - Displays all owned and activated users in the location you specified when creating the list.
To create a Smart List, simply go to the Lists page in the Users Dashboard and click on the "Create List" button:
From the window that appears, click the dropdown menu and select the type of smart list you want to create:
Give your smart list a name and then click the "Create List" button below:
On the right side of the page you will notice a widget describing the currently displayed smart list. You may also see one or more collapsed information links that provide further detail about the current list. Simply click on the information link to expand it:
Within your List tab in the channel dashboard, you can now rank your built lists by their Total Reach. This can be helpful in deciding which list to activate users from for a new campaign.
Click the arrows next to the header of the "Total Reach" column to filter the lists into order of social reach.
You can also select some users in the table (by clicking the checkbox left of any user's name) and then copy those users to another list.
First select the list you would like to copy into another by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the top right. Under "Filter By" find the list you would like to copy in the "List" field. Then, click into "Action & Tools", found by clicking the icon with three horizontal lines to the right of the magnifying glass, under "Copy All to List" choose a list, or multiple, you would like to paste all of the influencers from the first list into.
You can also see which lists a specific user has been included on. On their profile page, scroll down and look for the Lists widget on the right side. Click on the plus (+) button to expand this widget:
Once expanded, the Lists widget will present you with every list that includes this particular user. Find the smart list in question and click on the View Note link to see why they qualified: