Sometimes you need to import lots of influencers from spreadsheets. Fortunately, the Tidal Labs platform makes this easy to do, as long as a few conditions are met.
- Every imported user must have a name and a unique email address, at minimum.
- You can only import users into a List
- You can only import from Microsoft Excel Workbooks (.xlsx files)
- Your spreadsheet must have exactly one Header row with the titles of the columns, and may not have any blank rows or columns (blank cells are OK, but avoid entirely empty rows and columns).
- Ensure that all email addresses are formatted correctly; users may only have one valid email address.
- Imported users will not have passwords; they will either need to reset their password or need an "Activation Link" used to participate in a campaign.
- Because social networks require first-party authorization, imported social profiles may not have complete data. The imported user will need to log into their account and connect their social profiles before their data will appear.
Importing Users from Google Sheets
The import tool can only process Excel files with the .xlsx extension. If your data is in a Google Sheet, use Google's File -> Download -> Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) tool to download your Google Sheet as an Excel workbook.
Importing Users, Step by Step:
First, create a new List for your import. Visit Users -> Lists, click Create List (keep the "Manual" list type), and name your list something descriptive (like "Dec 2019 Fashion Blogger Imports").
Then, open the List by clicking its name in the table. You should see an empty list.
Alternately, you can choose an existing list to import users into.
Use the Menu icon at the top right of the list view to reveal "Import from Excel":
Select the appropriate Excel file from your computer in the screen that follows, and wait for it to upload.
Mapping Spreadsheet Fields to User Fields
The next step is to choose which columns in your spreadsheet map to user fields in the platform. This process is straightforward. For each field in the "Data Fields" column, use the dropdowns in the "Spreadsheet Column" column to select the correct column heading.
For example, if your spreadsheet has a column titled "User Name" and another named "Contact Email", you would select "User Name" for the "Name" field, and "Contact Email" for the "Email" field.
If your spreadsheet contains columns for Blog URLs, Instagram URLs, and so on, you may also select these fields. Only the Name and Email fields are required, however.
Preview and Import
Before importing, it's a good idea to use the "Show Preview" button to make sure that you've mapped the columns correctly. Simply give this preview a glance and make sure that the "Email" column actually displays emails and not blog URLs, for instance.
Finally, click the Import Data button. The process may take a few minutes. It may also take an additional few minutes, or up to an hour, for all of the imported users to appear in your list.